May 26, 2023
Interview with Dr. Sharonne Hayes – Part 3
Mayo Clinic SCAD Research Program Team Lead
We continue with our Q & A series with Dr. Hayes published in our e-newsletters. Part 1 focused
on Mayo Clinic’s two SCAD related registries. Part 2 included examples of Mayo Clinic’s
collaboration with other research institution.
Part 3 – Additional Examples of Collaboration
In Part 3 of our interview, Dr.Hayes shares some additional examples of how Mayo Clinic team's
experience and SCAD expertise, supported by SCAD Research, Inc (SRI), has led Mayo’s team
to be invited to be frequent collaborators with experts around the world. Some recent examples
- Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection: Pitfalls of Angiographic Diagnosis and an Approach to Ambiguous Cases. Adlam D, Tweet MS, Gulati R, Kotecha D, Rao P, Moss AJ, Hayes SN. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2021 Aug 23;14(16):1743-1756. doi:10.1016/j.jcin.2021.06.027.PMID: 34412792.
- Depression and Perceived Stress After Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection and Comparison with Other Acute Myocardial Infarction (the VIRGO Experience). Murugiah K, Chen L, Dreyer RP, Bouras G, Safdar B, Lu Y, Spatz ES, Gupta A, Khera R, Ng VG, Bueno H, Tweet MS, Spertus JA, Hayes SN, Lansky A, Krumholz HM. Am J Cardiol. 2022 Jun 15;173:33-38. doi: 10.1016/j.amjcard.2022.03.005. Epub 2022 Mar 29.
- Health status outcomes after spontaneous coronary artery dissection and comparison with other acute myocardial infarction: The VIRGO experience. Murugiah K, Chen L, Dreyer RP, Bouras G, Safdar B, Khera R, Lu Y, Spatz ES, Ng VG, Gupta A, Bueno H, Tweet MS, Spertus JA, Hayes SN, Lansky A, Krumholz HM.PLoS One. 2022 Mar 23;17(3):e0265624. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0265624. eCollection 2022.PMID: 35320296
- Rethinking Rehabilitation: A review of patient populations who can benefit from Cardiac Rehabilitation Overstreet B, Kirkman D, Koester Qualters W, Kerrigan D, Haykowsky M, Tweet MS, Christle JW, Brawner CA, Ehrman JK , Keteyian SJ. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev. 2021 1;41(6):389-399.
- Rationale and design of the BA-SCAD (Beta-blockers and Antiplatelet agents in patients with Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection) randomized clinical trial. Alfonso F, de la Torre Hernández JM, Ibáñez B, Sabaté M, Pan M, Gulati R, Saw J, Angiolillo DJ, Adlam D, Sánchez-Madrid F.Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2022 Jun;75(6):515-522. doi: 10.1016/j.rec.2021.08.003. Epub 2021 Sep 22.PMID: 34561195
- Current state-of-play in spontaneous coronary artery dissection. Franke KB, Wong DTL, Baumann A, Nicholls SJ, Gulati R, Psaltis PJ.Cardiovasc Diagn Ther. 2019 Jun;9(3):281-298. doi: 10.21037/cdt.2019.04.03.PMID: 31275818
Our interview with Dr. Hayes will continue in our next e-newsletter.
Meet Dr. Hayes & Dr. Tweet on June 16-17, 2023
To meet Dr. Hayes and Dr. Tweet in person, join us at our National SCADaddle for Research Social/Dinner on June 16 and/or our National 5K SCADaddle for Research run/walk on June 17. To receive our enewsletters, sign up at the bottom of our homepage.