October 13, 2022
After two years postponing SCADaddles® due to COVID, thanks to the dedication and hard work of many, all SCADaddles in 2022 were held in-person. They also had an option to participate virtually. SCADaddles not only raise tens of thousands of dollars for research, they provide an opportunity for survivors and SCAD Angel families to meet and support each other. Mayo Clinic researches attended several SCADaddles and provided an update on the latest research findings. Click Mayo Clinic Presentation to watch their presentation at our National 5K.
Thank you to the 5K chairs who start planning many months before and to those who helped them along the way. This year’s SCADaddles and chairs were:
- West Coast 5K SCADaddle timed run/walk, April 23, San Diego, CA
- Chair Ellen Robin
- Minnesota 5K fun run/walk, May 14, Maplewood, MN
- Chair Kelley Hoolihan
- National (Chicago Area) 5K SCADaddle timed run/walk, June 18, Wheaton, IL
- Co-Chairs Sonja Perez-Morales, Sarah Trulley & Carol Zich (mentor)
- Michigan 5K SCADaddle fun run/walk, September 10, Harrison Township, MI
- Chair Karen Glugla
- Greater Lehigh Valley SCADaddle fun run/walk, October 1, Quakertown, PA
- Chair Jill McComsey
We are grateful to Ellen Robin our 5K Coordinator, who answered questions; shared her experience and encouraged SCADaddle chairs.
We also appreciate everyone who worked behind the scenes including Jeannie Voirin-Gerde for this year’s wonderful logo/graphics, Nancy Spain for creating multiple SCADaddle/Reunion webpages, Nick Dorazio our videographer, and Kathy Almassy for working on Race Roster.