February 1, 2015
The 5k planning committee is hard at work. Registration is now open for our annual run/walk! Even if you cannot attend in person, you can register to participate virtually.
Last year, after all expenses were paid, we cleared over $55,000! With everyone’s help we can exceed this amount this year. There are opportunities for everyone to participate this year.
Here is what YOU can do:
- Register to attend in person. We are so excited about our certified 5K chip-timed run/walk at our new location, the presentation by Dr. Hayes on the latest research findings, and the reunion dinner. When you register, create a personal fundraising page and send to family/friends/co-workers.
- Register to participate virtually. Become a Virtual Walker (you don’t even have to walk). Registering as a VW (no registration fee), gives you the opportunity to easily set up your own fundraising page, which makes it easy to reach out to family/friends/co-workers for donations.
- Make a donation. Every dollar raised by SCAD Research helps Dr. Hayes and her team advance their research.
- Secure sponsors. Sponsorship of the 5K by businesses and organizations is key to raising additional money for research. We have created a sponsorship packet with new, detailed levels.
- Secure in kind donations. We need items for the silent auction and food for our participants. If you know someone who has a small business, ask for a product donation.
- Help with marketing/publicity. We all know how important it is to get the word out! If anyone has experience in this area, contacts, ideas or just wants to help, please let us know.
Please consider what you can do to raise money for research. If you have any questions, comments, ideas, e-mail us at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to another great year together!!