January 3, 2023
On Wednesday 12/28/22 we checked our PO Box and found a number of generous donations! Plus, we received several wonderful online donations too. We were quite surprised and extremely grateful.
The Board did a quick calculation on these recent donations and decided to increase this year’s gift to the Mayo Clinic SCAD Research Program by $20,000! We quickly sent a second check to Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN.
We are excited to announce that our 2022 year-end donation is now $110,000!!!!! This brings our total donation to research since we started in 2011 to $1,320,000. Most of these funds have been awarded to Mayo Clinic SCAD Research under the leadership of Dr. Sharonne Hayes. Mayo Clinic was the first institution to focus research specifically on SCAD.
The main source of this year’s funds include:
- 2022 SCADaddle for Research run/walks in the West Coast (San Diego), Minnesota, National (Chicago Area), Michigan and Greater Lehigh Valley (PA). A shoutout to the 5K chairs/co-chairs and their committees!
- Foundations & Corporations (direct donations, matching gifts, & 5K sponsorships)
- Individual donations
- Sales from our SCAD Store
- Birthday Fundraisers thru Facebook
- Purchases made through AmazonSmile
THANK YOU to our recent donors as well as everyone who has donated or helped to raise money this year to advance research. Whether you donated thousands or a single dollar please know that we appreciate you.
The Board of Directors